The rules of submitting, reviewing and publishing scientific articles
in the periodical applied science edition
1. For publication we accept scientific articles which correspond to the subject area of the Journal and have not been published before. We will not consider submissions that are currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
2. Articles are published free of charge. We do not charge a publication fee and do not pay royalties to authors.
3. By submitting a manuscript of a scientific article (hereinafter referred to as the "Article") to the editorial office authors agree with its editing (literary, technical), publishing and making available online, including an open access to it through the official website of the Scientific Electronic Library (SEL) www.elibrary.ru and the website of the Financial Research Institute www.nifi.ru.
4. An article should be submitted electronically via email as an attachment together with a cover letter and photos of the authors to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Formatting requirements
An article should be submitted as a Microsoft Word file. The Universal Decimal Classification (UDC) Code should be indicated in the top left-hand corner of the first page. Then the following information should be provided both in Russian and in English: the title of an article; full names of the authors (typed in bold letters) together with their academic degrees, academic titles (if any), job position (job positions); the name of the department (faculty, laboratory, centre, institution); the full name of the organization.
All submitted manuscripts should have contact information of each co-author, including telephone numbers and email addresses (specified email addresses are published in the Journal). The title of an article should be brief and reflect its content. Then an abstract and keywords (at least four) should be provided both in Russian and in English followed by the text of the article.
The text of an article should comprise: introduction (700–1300 characters), main body divided by subtitles into parts, if possible, conclusion (findings, proposals) and references made according to GOST 7.0.5-2008. The length of the text should be from 21 000 up to 35 000 characters with spaces. Page numbers should be placed at the bottom center of a page. Graphs, diagrams made in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint should be attached as separate files.
6. Requirements for an author's photo
A photo should be taken without headwear, a slight turn of the head is considered acceptable. A photo should be colour or black-and-white. The image should be clear, passport-like, taken against a light background, if possible.
The required size of the photo file is at least 400 Kbyte, image file formats are jpg, png or tiff.
7. An article is accepted for consideration by the editorial staff if it meets all the requirements specified in paragraphs 1–6 of these Rules.
8. The article accepted for consideration is registered in the Record Book with its receipt date, title, full names of its authors, their place of employment and contact information specified. The article is given an individual registration number. The Senior Editor of the Journal or other editorial staff informs the author (authors) of the registration of the article.
9. All the articles submitted for consideration and corresponding to the subject area of the Journal undergo a mandatory peer review for them to be assessed from an expert point of view and checked for plagiarism.
10. The list of the articles submitted is considered by the Editor in Chief of the Journal on a weekly basis for their preliminary assessment and appointment of reviewers. The members of the editorial advisory panel, editorial board and invited experts act as reviewers. On the instruction of the Editor in Chief the Senior Editor of the Journal or other editorial staff submits the material for review to an expert (Doctor or Ph.D.), who deals with issues (problems, research) on the subject of the article reviewed and has publications on this topic during the last three years. The time period of review is specified by the Editor in Chief.
11. Peer review is anonymous for both reviewer and author. Reviewers are notified that the articles submitted to them represent an intellectual property of the authors and refer to confidential information.
12. Reviewers should sign the reviews sent to the editorial office specifying their job position, academic degree, academic title, full name and the date.
A review should meet the following requirements:
– contain judgements about conformity of the article content to the topic in the title, authenticity of the material, its novelty and urgency, the extent to which the issue has been examined, consistency and validity of the author's findings;
– contain a reasonable explanation of criticisms (if any);
– contain conclusions, along with a recommendation either for publishing the article in the Journal or publishing it after the author makes corrections to the text taking into account comments of the reviewer, or for refusal of publication.
13. The reviews are kept in the editorial office for five years and provided to the authors upon their written request as well as the corresponding request made to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation without disclosing information about reviewers.
14. According to the review results the article can be accepted for publication, submitted to the author for revision or rejected. If the review contains recommendations for revision of the article, the Senior Editor of the Journal submits the text of the review to the author suggesting he or she make necessary corrections. The article submitted to the editorial office after its revision is the subject to a new peer review.
If the author sends a revised version of previously rejected article, the editorial office accepts this article as a new one in accordance with paragraphs 1–9 of these Rules.
15. A preliminary decision on possible publication of the article or refusal of its publication on the basis of peer reviews and conformity of the materials submitted to the subject area of the Journal is made by the editorial board. The final decision about publication of the article or refusal of its publication is taken by the Editor in Chief.
16. The Senior Editor or other editorial staff informs the author (authors) of the decision made by the Editor in Chief, estimated date of publication of the article or refusal of publication.